Information and Communication Technology, ICT helps in growing demand for new approaches. It also helps in empowering the rural people by providing better access to natural resources, improved agricultural technologies, effective production strategies, markets, microclimate monitoring and controlling device with solar power.
Dr. Bijaylakhmi Goswami is a qualified agriculture entrepreneur with diversified Fields of Work experience in Vermiculture and organic farming activities including green house management, soil fertility management, biofloc management mostly with technology innovations like IoT devices.
Information and Communication Technology is a major element of precision farming which is the latest module of farming. In the present situation of poor farm to population ratio, ICT technology can play a key role in increasing productivity, superior quality control, organized marketing and remote monitoring and control of agri and allied farms in critical conditions. These innovations are usually cloud based IoT, machine learning, GPS, smart apps and the like which can bring a lot of precision to farming and activities like Dairy, Fishery, Piggery and Integrated Farming etc.
The technology intervention can be useful in Micro-climate management e.g green houses, food processing units, mushroom units etc; Soil fertility management, Fishery and Piggery Management and Market chain management. The most important aspect of ICT innovation like IoT is enabling creation of a real time data base which is the ultimate need of all kind of management systems. But there is total dearth of a proper data base in any Agricultural sector leading to a big gap between farm and lab/expert. So need of the hour is adopting ICT in all possible areas of Agriculture and allied fields for solving age old problems of farmers and proper implementation of welfare schemes.
Dr. Bijaylakhmi Goswami is the Co-founded of Agrithink Services LLP, incubated by Assam Start –up, The Nest along with Mr.Toufic Ahmed in the year 2019. Her Startup and entrepreneurship journey started with a concrete vision of augmenting the agriculture sector with self reliant Research and product development keeping ICT in all possible areas of Agriculture and allied fields for solving age old problems of farmers and proper implementation of welfare schemes.
- Academic Qualifications
She is qualified as PhD (Biotech) from Gauhati University, MSc. (Agri) with specialisation in Soil Science from Assam Agricultural University and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science from National Environmental Science Academy New Delhi.
- Services under Agrithink
New technology innovations in Agriculture and Alliedfield with a focus on cost effective ecofriendly practices which can be accessed by all categories of farming community. Different aspects of vermiculture, green house management, soil fertility management, biofloc management mostly with technology innovations like IoT are some of our major areas of interest.Real time data generation and storage is a priority area while we are ready for offering solutions to supply chain management keeping the ICT Innovation in Agriculture for Sustainable Development as main objectives.
Experiences and Field Works
Project & Research Activities
- Research Investigator (In Geography Department in Cotton College, Guwahati) under ICSSR Project
- Senior Research Fellow, in Department of Soil Science, Assam Agricultural University.
- Associated with various projects of Alayaram , a women NGO based in Kokrajhar, Assam for more than 7 years.
- Associated with New School Permaculture in Perma India Projects till 2006 and Centre for Built Environment.
- Domain Expert (Agriculture) in Smartfusionware Technology Pvt. Ltd. for more than 3 years
Other Field Activities
- Consulted Vermiculture and organic farming activities and conducted training on these fields specially to women self help groups.
- Involved in Greenhouse management for different groups of clients
- Soil fertility/ soil health management, dealing with field issues of farmers and worked has been a major area of interest
- Delivered talks, discussions, training programs in All India Radio mainly on women empowerment through adoption of floriculture, vermiculture, orchid farming etc
- Precision agriculture became a priority while working for ICT Company as domain expert. Started conducting projects IoT.
- As a part of New School Permaculture group and active involvement with Centre for Built Environment worked extensively on wasteland management, deforestation issues and sustainable agriculture programs.
Awards & Participations
- Selected for Zonal Award for thesis work by Indian Society of Soil Science
- Participated in International Workshop on Urban Agriculture organized by Centre for Built Environment And presented paper in 1998 and 2001 Kolkata and Bhubaneswar.
- Participated as a coordinator in Permacuture India Project in consecutive 2 sessions in 2000 and 2002 in Kolkata
- Conducted trainings on Vermicuture in different places of Eastern India