From morning till night, to keep your mind and body fresh and also to extend your hospitality to your guests with love, tea is the best thing that you can offer as a drink anytime of the day. Each Assamese household has a tradition of offering tea to its guests that is prepared in their own kitchen. The picture is same in every household.
As one of the directors of Arin Tea of Golaghat, Assam, Rakhi Dutta Saikia is a poet, tea maker, planter, wildlife conservationist and entrepreneur all rolled into one. As an sucessful enterpreneur it is Rakhi Saikia’s relentless efforts, perseverance and foresight that the Pabhojan Tea Estate of Arin Tea has been able to create a niche for itself for complete organic tea production in Assam.The white tea, yellow tea, oolong tea, Pabhojan Gold, orthodox, purple tea, green tea, camellia tea from the Pabhojan stable, which runs a state-of-the-art tea factory, have been able to take a special place in both the national and international markets adds Rakhi Saikia having an experience of nearly 30 years in the Tea Industry. Under her foresight and supervision Arin Tea has about 5 tea gardens with around 600 hectors of the total area producing nearly YEARLY PRODUCTION CAPACITY: of 40 lakhs Kgs. of Made Tea.
All 5 private gardens listed are as follows,Hathighar Mathikula Tea Estate,Udoyjyuyti Tea Estate,Merabheti Tea Estate,Pabhojan Organic Tea Estate / Factory and Amlungshang Tea Estate.
Assamese Tea Festival & Pabhojan Tea Tourism
Rakhi Saikia has played a crucial role in establishing Assam tea with its many variants in the market. It is for her innovative thinking that the Assamese Tea Festival, celebrated at the Pabhojan Tea Estate annually, has turned out to be a big attraction in the realm of tea tourism in Assam.
The festival is famous for its serving of tea in the most authentic Assamese traditional way. Tea training institutes, workshops for small tea growers, etc. under Arin Tea have helped people in various ways economically. Her persistent efforts, indomitable spirit and love for nature have contributed immensely towards the development of the tea sector in Assam.
Under her able leadership the Pabhojan Tea Tourism is promoted in Pabhojan Tea Estate situated at Barpathar area in Dhansiri subdivision of Golaghat district, Assam. It has about 200 hectares of tea planting area. It is a 103-year old garden and has very good quality clones as well as old seedling tea plants offers activities, services and industries that deliver a travel experience to individuals and groups traveling away from their home for recreational, leisure or business purposes.Tourists can spend time amidst natural beauty of tea gardens, enjoy nature walk and trekking staying at luxurious tea bungalows, ensconced in the best of comfort. They can enjoy interacting with tea workers, partake in tea leafs plucking and participate in cultural festivals.
Tea Products under Arin Tea Pvt. Ltd.
- Green Tea
- Orthodox Tea
- Black Tea
- Oolong Tea
- White Tea
- Camellia blossom Tea
- Yellow Tea
- CTC Tea
- Arin Tea Packets ( available in 35 gram, 100 gram, 250 grams 500 gram and 1 kg pack)
Associations and Accolades
- 1) “Asaamica” book authored by Rakhi Saikia is a unique creation on tea with its history and evolution.
- 2) Felicitated by various organizations as a woman entrepreneur, including the State Bank of India, for her dedicated service to the sector.
- 3) Ex Convener in Golaghat “Sahitya Sava’s Kobi Sanmilon”.
- 4) Associated with “ Prabin mithpi mancho “ (Golaghat).
- 5) Life time member in “ Sankardev sisu niketon” (bidyabharoti).
- 6) General Secretary of Ex students honmilon since 2011 till now.
- 7) Life time member of all Assam “Kobi sanmilon”.
- 8) Treasure of all Assam central “kobi hanmilon ” hovapoti of feternity ( Golaghat)
- 9) Executive President of film feternity( Golaghat ).
- 10)President of Anirban Nature club .
- 11)Executive member of Kaziranga wild life society .
- 12)Member of North eastern tea association.