Mrs. Manobi Deka, in her own words says, “I am a teacher by choice, not by chance”. She chose to take up teaching as a career right from the age of, 20 when she was just a graduate. Having taught various age groups of children from pre-school to graduation level students, she chose to do an elaborate study on early childhood education. SPARSH is her endeavor to lay a strong foundation in shaping every child educational journey which will in turn equip every child to become a responsible individual. She also believes that every teacher is highly responsible in, ‘Man making and Nation building’, which is why each teacher at Sparsh has been vested with the responsibility of imbibing moral values in the students.
A very highly qualified lady with M.A. in English from Cotton College with B.Ed and Diploma in Mass Communication she is having Post Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education from Asian College of Teachers, Kolkata.
In her teaching career of last 20 years she has also done a study on children with special needs and has been doing awareness programs on special children with various special educators and NIPCCD. Sparsh is a pre-school that follows a well knit curriculum which in an amalgamation of Montessori as well as other contemporary methods of teaching. She is a staunch believer of the thought that “There is bright child in every child.” Sheer strength of character, discipline, strength of mind, willingness to strive for education, enthusiastic nature adds Mrs.Manobi.
As an entrepreneur, she is also associated with NEWEA (North East Women Entrepreneurs Association) as an executive member and has been shouldering the core responsibility of publishing their souvenir TEJASWINI. She is also a BCSA (British Council School Ambassador) for North East since past 2 years and coordinating with the schools of North East for British Council programmes. Recently Sparsh has started the 3 months Montessori Training for Teachers since April 2019 under her supervision keeping the mission and vision of higher education for all.
About SPARSH Group of Schools
With the vision of “Man- making and Nation –building”, team SPARSH has been putting its relentless efforts in imparting the right educational foundation combined with value education to the budding talents, who would serve mankind-who knows where around the globe.
SPARSH, a preschool established on 2nd December 2007 started with 5 students, at Mother Teresa Road. Sparsh came up with another branch at Six Mile in the year 2008. After completing 5 years, in the year 2013, Sparsh also started its elementary school with only 3 students in Class I. In the first 5 years more than 200 students completed their preschool education from Sparsh and got enrolled in various reputed high schools of the city. Sparsh extended its classes till 5th standard, in orders to extend its quality educational service for 5 more years for the students.
Team Sparsh calls itself ‘A small group of thoughtful people’. Inspite of having limited resources and lack of adequate fund for the growth of the school, Team Sparsh has been working relentlessly to incorporate innovative ideas and imbibe moral values amongst its students. Team SPARSH vows to continue its excellence in educational service in many more decades to come.
List of other projects:
- SPARSH – ‘A school that cares.’ A program working for the aid of underprivileged children On the occasion of Children’s Day ever year followed by distribution of the old clothes, toys, stationary etc to the invited children of NGOs. Sparsh has been consistently doing this practice every year on 14th November since 2010.
- Team Sparsh also organized an exhibition cum sale of handicrafts made by students, parents and teachers of Sparsh, simultaneously on the occasion of Children’s Day itself. The entire fund raised from the exhibition was used to buy baby food and blankets for the children of Mother Teresa Home Bharalumukh, Assam Sishu Kalyan Sadan, Jalukbari and Hope foundation and a school of street children run by Rotary Club of Guwahati since last few years as part of social activities and to imbibe values in the students and thus contribute to man making and nation building.
- Sparsh has also been able to develop environmental awareness amongst its students. On the occasion of World Environment Day, students go on a cleanliness drive in their respective localities. Little children of Sparsh set an example in front of the residents of the locality by cleaning the bye lanes. Students of Sparsh also distribute saplings and paper bags amongst the residents of the locality, spreading a message of environmental awareness
Sparsh at present has four branches in Guwahati and one at Moran.
- SPARSH, Bye Lane 2, Narikalbari, Zoo Road.
- SPARSH, Ananda Nagar, Sixmile
- SPARSH, Ajanta Path, Survey
- SPARSH HIGH, Geetanagar, Zoo Road
- SPARSH, Kushal Nagar, Moran
AWARDS & CERTIFICATES
- SPARSH has been awarded ‘THE MOST PROMISING PRE-SCHOOL OF THE YEAR’ 2018, GUWAHATI, ASSAM.
- Manobi Deka has been awarded ‘UPCOMING WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR’ 2018, at ‘INDIA CREATIVE AWARDS’.
- Manobi Deka has been felicitated with the ‘EMERGING WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR AWARD’ at Guwahati Commerce College on 28th September 2018.