“Stand up for what you believe in” is a great phrase to live by and this young lady with all her positive aura started to work for the promotion of the local people living in the North Eastern India by portraying their products on a platform through “Spriha Sanjivani”- a NGO working for promoting skill development and heritage of this land surrounded by greenery-the lovely North East.
For more than 14 years Mridusmita Sarmah has been in her journey and amidst the local community she is a popular figure who is a constant source of inspiration especially among the rural youth and the woman community.
Now with her brand ‘mridZ’ she is gripping the root of ethnic fabrics and experimenting the colours and fabrics which are the constant source of inspiration from the days she incepted her idea of her brand named ‘mridZ’.
Apart from her entrepreneurial journey she has been associated with the field of Mass Communication of Assam as she has her experience in both the Electronic and Print Media.
- Academic Qualifications
She is qualified with Master’s degree in Mass Communication besides a P.G. Diploma in Broadcast Journalism, P.G. Certificate in Creative Writing and B.Sc. Degree Holder
Project & Work Experiences
- Founder and President of Registered NGO “Spriha Sanjivani”
- Worked as the Media and Communication Officer – Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya Guwahati
- Content Writer and media Coordinator-2nd Guwahati International Film Festival,1st Guwahati International Children Film Festival and 1st Guwahati International Documentary, Short and Animation Film Festival organized by Dr. Bhupen Hazarika Regional Film and Television Institute in association with Jyoti Chitraban supported by Govt. of Assam.
- The first Assamiya(Assamese) Reporter from North-East in a National News Portal -ANN News, Thiruvananthapuram
- Project Coordinator in a collaborative project of UNICEF and K K Handiqui State Open University
- Manager-HR & administration in Fountain Venture and Marketing Pvt. Ltd., Guwahati
- Facilitator- BSPA, CAP Foundation- Hyderabad
PRODUCTS UNDER THE BRAND ‘mridZ’
- Fusion garments for Ladies and Gents
- Handmade Decorative items
- Handmade Incense Sticks
- CTC, Green Tea and other varieties of Tea (Quality tasted by Registered Tea Taster)
- Best of the Waste Products
- Various Local Spices & Food Products
Achievements & Participations
- Organized a Pre Bihu Exhibition by Spriha Sanjivani on April, 2018 under Biponi Scheme of DICC relating to the skill development activities done by the local people of Assam where they could showcase their products and people could buy their products in reasonable rates
- Celebrated 72nd Independence Day with the children of Sri Sankaradeva Sishu Niketan in collaboration with RFL Plastics
- Organize free Eye-screening camps on regular basis under Spriha Sajivani in different Rural and Urban areas in and around Guwahati in collaboration with Guwahati Eye Hospital
- Felicitated as an “Empowered Woman” by Mazdoor Union Maligaon Ladies Club of Indian Railways, Guwahati, Assam as a part of “Woman’s Day Celebration” 2017
- Participated in Philosopher’s Meet organized by Cotton College State University supported by Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR), New Delhi from 20th-21st April, 2015
- Participated in a one day Skill Development Workshop organized by Guwahati Chambers of Commerce on 29th January, 2015
- Attended Workshop on Community Radio Facilitation organized by “Oneworld, India” and Gauhati University from 26th-28th February 2014
- Invited as a Resource Person in Capacity Building Workshop to deliver a lecture on SWOT Analysis organized by Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust (KGNMT) and UNICEF Guwahati on 25th July, 2014
- Took part in a seminar entitled “Consultation on Participatory Communication and Launch of SOWC Report” on 15th December, 2014 jointly organized by Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights and UNICEF (Silver Jubilee Celebration of CRC).
- Invited as a Guest in World Mental Health Day Celebration organized by ‘Destination’- an organization working for specially abled children in Guwahati on 10th October, 2014
- Preparation of the promo on Community Radio “Jnan Taranga” on the occasion of 1st Bhupen Hazarika Memorial Lecture organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Directorate of Information and Public Relation and K. K. Handiqui State Open University, Assam
- Attended a Workshop on “CCFC Internship Programme” organized by CEMCA Community Radio Facilitation Centre and Ford Foundation, Delhi from 28th-30th May, 2013