Early childhood years are the most crucial in a child’s life and plays a key role in building the foundation for her or his future development, providing a sturdy base for lifetime learning and learning abilities. Education prepares students to identify and address challenges and opportunities and Dr. Vasavvi Acharjya is a visionary leader in education with a multi-dimensional personality.
She has founded and led the Tender Petals preschool chain that runs in a FRANCHISE MODEL having its presence in different States of North East India and North India with successfully running centers. Besides being an Early Childhood Education Expert, she is a Social Activist, Mentor, Child Rights Enthusiast and a writer. She believes that ‘An education without values and morals is like giving a weapon to someone, without guiding how to use it and with what purpose ’.
A very highly qualified lady with Post Graduation in Political Science and LL.B, she is having a Doctorate from Commonwealth Vocational University (CVU) in the year 2019. Dr.Vasavvi has been working in the domain of Early Childhood Education for the past two decades. She is the Founder and Managing Director of Inner I Foundation Pvt. Ltd. the parent company of Tender Petals (preschool chain), Tender Day Care, Early Childhood Educators Training, Dream Catchers (a skill development initiative for adolescents) and ReevEd Solutions, an education consultancy for aspiring edupreneurs.
“I had initially set up my own pre- school, named Sishubon Preparatory School in the year 2001, after my return from Delhi, with the sole aim to provide quality education to children, in their formative years. Sishubon enjoyed huge popularity among the young parent fraternity and enjoyed an excellent reputation. As at them time I was pursuing LL.B. I was somehow not able to dedicate full time to my school venture. In 2008, finally I chose to dedicate full time to my career in early childhood education and care, and planned an expansion. I had found that a pre- school needs much more than a regular syllabus, to nurture the little ones. Thus, I finally decided to come up with our own chain of pre-schools, with a unique child centric curriculum, with a strong belief that ~we can nurture and create beautiful individuals, if we have the Vision, Intention, Perseverance and Enthusiasm towards our Mission. With this belief: Inner i Foundation was incorporated in June 2013” adds Dr. Vasavvi.
- Tender Petals Preschool Chain (Inception 2013)
Tender Petals preschool chain that runs in a FRANCHISE MODEL. It has its presence in different parts of North East India (Guwahati, Azara,Tezpur, Sorbhog, Sarthebari in Assam, Nongpoh in Meghalaya, Dharmanagar in Tripura) and North India (Dhanbad, Jharkhand) with successfully running centres. For details visit www.tenderpetals.com or www.facebook.com/innerifoundation
- Early Childhood Educators Training Program (Inception 2015)
IIFPL Early Childhood Educators Training Program, which is a certified program (with duration of 3 months, 6 months and 1 month intensive courses) has empowered multitudes of educators to teach children in their early years and have enabled many to start their career as early childhood educators.
- Tender Daycare (Inception 2016)
Tender Daycare, is a second home for children of working parents and provides long day care facilities. Tender Daycare centres are running successfully in Guwahati, Assam.
- Dream Catchers (Inception 2017)
Dream Catchers is an initiative to help children develop a book reading habit, creative writing skills, vocabulary building, quizzing, boost confidence level, public speaking etc. from 7 years onwards. Dream catchers conduct interactive activities for children and workshops during weekends and vacations. Through these activities they encourage children to brainstorm, create, conceive, experiment, develop leadership qualitiea and work as a team. Dream Catchers workshops and seminars have trained adolescents in different sets of skills needed to be ‘Future Ready.’
- ReevEd Solutions (Inception2019)
An education consultancy for aspiring edupreneurs.Dr. Vasavvi’s edupreneurial journey is an inspiring story for many, enabling a lot of men and women alike, to start into their own edupreneurial ventures. She has made it possible for them to make their dreams come true. Every year a number of people get associated with IIFPL and have grown into a strong vibrant group of motivated edupreneurs.
Philanthropy and Community Leadership
Dr. Vasavvi has worked towards empowerment of Children and Women from the underprivileged sections of the society and has played the role of a mentor and hand holder for many.She is actively associated with NGO’s and Organizations working with children and conduct voluntary workshops with them. Through her initiative DN Acharya Foundation for Children and Women Welfare www.dnafoundation.org Dr. Vasavvi along with her team members, has conducted several skill based workshops with children from the economically weaker sections of the society since year 2014.
Early Child Development Forum (ECDF) www.ecdforum.org an initiative of the DN Acharya Foundation, endeavours to bring a quantum change in the Early Childhood learning pedagogy, by bringing in the innovation and best practices in ECE and enabling the stakeholders to work towards this goal. It also aspires to provide early childhood education and care to children from the socially and economically disadvantaged sections of the society. ECDF has organized the First of its kind Early Childhood Education National Conference and Awards in Guwahati in October 2019 at Nedfi House.
- An Ex Trainer at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Guwahati – Early Child Development and Child Rights.
- CEO and Editor, ED CLAN Empowering Educators, Nurturing Young Minds- an education journal
- Working Committee Member FICCI FLO NE Chapter, Editor FLO Magazine NE Chapter.
- Editor of Magazines and Journals and freelance writer and blogger.
- A spirited traveler, painter and an art enthusiast.
- She has authored the book THE FIRST 5 YEARS ~Demystifying the crucial period of parenting, which is her debut book on parenting. Available @Amazon.in https://www.facebook.com/thefirst5years/
Awards & Accolades
She had actively participated in Women Entrepreneur Seminars and Programs organized by IIE, Guwahati. She has been member of various panel discussions on entrepreneurship. Dr. Vasavvi was a panelist in the ‘National Seminar cum product Exhibition of NE Region & Paridhan Utsav’ organised by Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship at its premises, in collaboration with Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti (GSDS) and Beti & Siksha (B&S) Foundation and also moderated in panel session on Brand Building at the Assam Women Entrpreneurs’ Conclave 2018 held at Nedfi House organized by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and IIE, to name a few.
- 2016: Dr. Vasavi Acharya received the ‘Women Leadership Achievement Award’, conferred by World Women Leadership Congress and Awards, at Taj Lands End, Bandra Mumbai in 2016. The World Women Leadership Congress and Awards host the annual World Women Leadership Awards to identify and celebrate the outstanding leadership and achievements demonstrated by Women leaders that are reflected by the distinct innovations and initiatives brought by them in various public, private and philanthropic sectors.
- 2018: She was conferred ‘The Exceptional Women Of Excellence Award’ by ALL LADIES LEAGUE and WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM in February 2018, for her contribution in the domain of early childhood education.
- 2018: India Leadership Awards -THE BEST PRESCHOOL CHAIN OF NE INDIA
- 2019: Indian Education Awards- THE BEST PRESCHOOL CHAIN
- 2019: ECA Hall of Fame Awards- TOP 50 Franchised Preschools In Asia
- 2019: FORBES INDIA featured Tender Petals in their issue GREATEST INDIAN PRESCHOOLS 2019-2020
- 2020: Awards- JCI BUSINESS ICON HONOURS 2020 – FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR, MARCH 2020
- 2020: AWARD OF HONOUR & PANELIST IN THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ETHICS IN HEALTHCARE :MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES,HELD IN FEB 2020
- 2020: Selected As ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR EDUCATION SECTOR OF NERES 1.0 THE BIGGEST ENTREPRENEUR SUMMIT OF THE NORTH EAST REGION under IIE.