Mitali G Dutta is a Guwahati based entrepreneur. She is the founder of the culinary venture “Food Sutra by Mitali” which hones the culinary skills of individuals and was founded in the year 2015. Skilful cooking has been her domain since long, a skill passed on from her mother .She further elevated her cooking and baking skills by learning from the best mentors in the country with the intention of giving formal trainings to others. Today, over 3000 students from different parts of India and abroad have been trained by Mitali and these trainings have empowered many to be financially independent.
Mitali is deep rooted to her culture and it reflects in her culinary sessions. Her culinary trainings were not confined to her Culinary Studio and the urban crowd alone. She expanded her culinary trainings to the rural areas as well. She has qualification and Work Experience in Hospitality and Tourism Sector and has earlier worked for travel brands like SOTC. So to provide an alternative source of livelihood to the communities of rural areas she curated “FSM Food Trails” which are culinary tours with training and dining concepts. In these tours the rural women shares different traditional recipes of local cuisines with food tourists and later serve the same to them. Travellers from Sri Lanka, Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil and United States have had such experiential learning tours from “FoodSutra by Mitali” .This idea of empowering locals of rural areas through a sustainable model had been considerably appraised by celebrity chefs, renowned food bloggers and travel writers from the country and abroad.
Training and Culinary Activities
- Indian Cooking Workshops for Food Tourists
- Celebration Cakes
- Buttercream Cakes
- Colored and Dark Ganache Cakes
- Fondant Cakes
- Wedding Cakes
*FSM Food Trails (Culinary Tours)
- Training & Dining Tours
- Market Tours
- Village Tours
Participations and Accolades
1. Featured on National Television Channel, LIVING FOODZ in”Utsav Thalis of India Series” with Celebrity Chef Kunal Kapur
2. Featured in India’s Top 100 Home Bakers List by Homebakers.in
3. Featured in “My Gov Assam” Inspiring Women Series
4. Interviewed in “North East Now” as an Inspiring Woman Entrepreneur
5. Interviewed in Red FM about Entrepreneurial Journey
6. Interviewed in BIG FM about Entrepreneurial Journey
7. As a Social Media Influencer, did collaborations for different Food events with Brands like Jaunt Monkey, Genuine Broaster Chicken, Rang de Basanti Urban Dhaba, 6 Balligunje Place, Seven, Vivanta by Taj, Havells & LG.
8. As a Speaker for “Eco-tourism for Sustainable Livelihood” invited by National Institute for Rural Development.
9. As a Speaker in Woman entrepreneurs Conclave organized by Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship.
10. As a Speaker for Blog Quest organized by Assam Down Town University.
11. Rural Culinary Tourism in Assam: Resource person for Trainings in Hospitality with MMES, Manas under the aegis of WWF India.
12. Rural Culinary Tourism in Assam: Resource person for Trainings in Hospitality with Natundanga Eco-Development Society, Kaziranga under the aegis of WWF India.
13. Rural Culinary Tourism in Assam: Resource person for Trainings in Hospitality with SMOA, Manas under the aegis of WWF India.
14. Manas Spring Festival, 2018: Curated an event for Culinary and Rural Tourism in Manas.